Wednesday 27 February 2013

Oops Pt2


Well that was interesting! The consultant wasn't too pleased that I'd been walking on a broken fibula for a month - I wonder why. Good job I didn't tell him about the bike rides :-) Basically the leg/ankle and fracture are stable so there's no further meddling to be done. I've now got an air cast which makes me look as if I'm getting dressed to be an Empire stormtrooper in a Star Wars movie! At least I can take it off if it gets itchy or to have a bath.

Two to four weeks wearing the cast then four to six weeks of getting things back to strength - the consultant did mention "impact" sports such as running so I'll just have to see how things go with regards cycling. Basically broken bones take three months to get back to full strength unless there are complications or the fracture is particularly serious or extensive. With luck I'll be fine in six weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment